My bunch LOVES apples!! It’s one of the few fruits that my oldest will actually eat. I am always trying to think of creative ways to get him to eat fruit, because like it or not he needs too. Making sure they get the right amount of fruit and veggies is one of my stressful jobs as a mommy. One thing I have found that the kids love because it’s really a desert, but does contain some fruit in it is Cinnamon Apple Rolls. I know it’s not the best method, but a little is better than none!!
1 can apple pie filling
16 slices white bread (crust cut off) OR
16 4×4 puff pastry squares
3/4 c. Powdered sugar
1 c. Sugar
2 t. Cinnamon
3/4 c. Butter (melted)
* optional garnish: fresh berries and strawberry glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. If using bread, flatten with rolling-pin. In a bowl mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in pie filling.
3. In another bowl mix cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
4. Spread about 1 T. Of cream cheese mixture on bread or pastry square. Roll up jelly roll style.
5. Dip roll in butter, then cinnamon sugar.
6. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
* optional garnish with strawberry and white glaze and fresh berries as pictured.
** white glaze is 1/2 c. Powdered sugar mixed with 1 T. Of milk at a time until desired consistency.