This easy zebra sensory bin comes together in just a few moments of time to create a super fun invitation to play that toddlers and preschoolers won’t be able to resist!
It combines an engaging opportunity to play while developing fine motor skills. It also introduces a fun animal to little ones! I think you will appreciate the simplicity of materials and affordability of the supplies used!
Dry White Beans- 1 pound
Dry Black Beans 1/3 pound
White Horse Figurine
White Adhesive Labels
Foam Stickers- Black
A small bin with a lid
- Pour the white beans into the bin.
- Draw black stripes on to the adhesive labels. I aimed for about 10 stripes, then I cut them out, keeping in mind that small hands would be peeling them.
- Hide the stripes in the white beans!
- Carefully make stripes with the black beans; I used two of my labels to control where my beans were placed.
- Place the black foam stickers in the stripes of the bin.
- Add a zebra and a white horse figurine to the bin.
- Invite your child to explore the bin. As the discover the stripes hidden in the beans, allow them to give the horse toy zebra stripes!
If you recreate this bin I would love it if you shared a photo with me on facebook! My kids all loved to play in this bin, even the older ones! Be prepared to refill the sticker stripes often!