For Earth Day this year I am joining Zak and choosing to reuse whenever I can for the next 30 days! The below was provided to me to help facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and honest. I am disclosing this in accordance to FTC Guidelines.
Choose to Reuse
The first thing and honestly probably the best than (for me) to start with is my cup! I am a pop aholic.. drink it all the time. So using my stainless steel double-wall, vacuum-insulated Alfalfa tumbler at home, the office, and even when I go out to eat will make a big difference a lone!
Next thing is using the reusable shopping bag whenever I got to the gas station, grocery store, or even walmart. That will make a big difference! It’s all about making small changes that can lead to making big differences.
Choose To Reuse Staggering Statistics About Single Use Plastics
- Every minute a million plastic bottles are bought around the world (1)
- Not even half the plastic bottles sold in 2016 were turned in for recycling, and only 7% of those were used to create new bottles (2)
- It takes more than 400 years for plastic to degrade (3)
- By 2025, the ratio of plastic to fish in the ocean could be one to three, and by 2050, it’s expected that the weight of plastics in ocean will surpass the weight of fish in the ocean (4)
- 91% of the 8.3 billion metric tons of plastic that’s been produced has not been recycled according to a study published in late 2018 in the peer-reviewed journal Science Advances.
- Half of all plastics become trash in less than a year, the same study found.
The best thing to do is to start with the decision to Choose to Reuse and that can make a big difference if we all can make the commitment.