Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
My family always have been HUGE allergy suffer. It’s just never been a huge problem until we moved. We moved to a town that has farming going all around it and dirt roads everywhere. When I say everywhere I mean everywhere!! We only have one paved road in town. I guess that’s the price you pay to have small town living. Our allergies were getting bad enough that even my son would beg for medicine and he hates taking any form of medicine. I had to do something to help us. My mother in law suggested that we try an air purifier. I found a Fellowes Air Purifier that was in our budget and sound promising.
About AeraMax™ DX55 Air Purifier:
- Effectively purifies air in medium rooms up to 195 square feet
- AeraSmart™ Sensor monitors the air quality and automatically adjusts the fan speed to keep your air purified
- True HEPA filter with AeraSafe™ antimicrobial treatment safely removes 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, including pollen, ragweed and other allergens, viruses, germs, dust mites, mold spores, pet dander and cigarette smoke
- Extremely effective at capturing influenza virus from indoor air (based on independent testing)
- Carbon filter removes odors and captures large airborne particulates
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly™ by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Aera+™ Mode for allergy and cold/flu seasons
- Ultra quiet operation
- Fan Speed Indicator lets you manually adjust the fan speed setting – low, medium, high or turbo
- Filter Change Indicators let you know when it is time to replace your Carbon or True HEPA filter
Now you know all the facts about this air purifier. Does it work? That’s the main question. Put it this way, it seemed like I could sneeze easily over 100 times a day and my son would beg for something because the allergies would bother him so bad. Setting up was pretty easy. All I had to do was lift it out the package and make sure the clear plastic is off the filter. It’s super easy to use. Just turn it on and let it do its job. I haven’t had to change the filter yet, but I had to get the filter out to get the plastic off. It was so simple it was matter of pulling it out and pushing it back in. So I predict no problems no problems. I had the purifier going for one week and had notice a huge difference in my allergies symptoms. By the second week I had none. My son was feeling TONS of better. He was no longer asking for medicine and he no longer had the sniffles. My only problem was that I waited this long to try an air purifier.