One of my favorite places to eat is Red Lobster. I love sea food. I am always excited to try new sea foods. My husband however is not a huge fan of anything that has to do with sea food. Recently I had a chance to try some Wild Caught Albacore from Sea Fare Pacific. I thought it would be something he just might like, so I decided to give it a try.
About Sea Fare Pacific:
- Our young albacore tuna (3-5 years old) are line-caught off the Pacific West Coast. Multiple studies have shown that these fish have no mercury concerns. In fact, these albacore tuna are listed on Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch’s Super Green List as a Best Choice item for being low in environmental contaminants and an excellent source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- These pouches are BPA-free and leave a low carbon footprint.
- The tuna are caught and processed on the Oregon Coast, not sent offshore to be processed by cheaper labor.
- The tuna is hand filleted at ice cold temperatures, placed in the pouch and cooked just once (unlike many twice-cooked can products) in its own naturally nutritious fish oils.
- The pouches have 6 times more heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids than most canned products that have been cooked twice with water and oil added.
- No draining. The oil found in the pouches are the natural oils found in the fish and should be mixed back into the tuna for maximum flavor and health benefits.
I was very excited to see that I got to try the Jalapeno and Sea Salt flavor. Why? Well my husband loves just about anything that has a jalapeno flavored to it! So I knew it would be a win. I cooked it in the skillet with some mushrooms. I then made some sandwiches and chips with it. My husband was very pleased with it. It’s a meal we will probably have again. The packaging is great. It makes it easy to take on the go. You can take it for a healthy lunch at work. Overall I am very pleased with the Wild Caught Albacore. The best part about them is that they are healthy, packed with protein, low in fat, and taste great!
Connect with Sea Fare Pacific
This is a sponsored post. As with all the products I blog about, I use them personally and opinions are my own, I was not influenced in any way by the compensation I received.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.