Who doesn’t like a good old fashion bake-off? There’s a lot of excitement, fun, and yummy food involved. That’s why I wanted to share with you about a new bake-off contest that Pillsbury is hosting.
About the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest
The iconic 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest is redesigned and calling home cooks to compete for the $1 million Grand Prize. This year’s Contest, which is now open for entries at www.BakeOff.com, will culminate in the finals November 3, 2014, at the Omni Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tenn.
- For the first time, America’s vote will be combined with the judges’ decisions to determine the Grand Prize Winner.
- The Contest ingredient list has been expanded to include Pillsbury’s Gluten Free line of products.
- Judges will award the Pillsbury® Gluten Free Award to the Finalist with the best recipe which uses a Pillsbury® Gluten Free product and does not contain wheat or any products that include wheat as an ingredient.
- The Bake-Off® Contest now features four recipe categories with two separate entry periods. The Amazing Doable Dinners and Weekend Breakfast Wows categories are open for entry through May 8.
Some recipes to get your taste buds excited:
- Funfetti Cookies – These springy and sweet cookies are excellent for that Easter get-together or a Sunday brunch dessert.
- Rasberry-Mango Shortcakes – Nothing says spring like berries and fruits. This tart treat is a great way to beat the rain showers that April brings.
- Cranberry Biscotti – These berry fun sugar sprinkled cookies are a delightful spring-time treat.
- White Chocolate Fudge Cake – This lavish cake lets Easter guests get their chocolate fix while getting away from the normal dark fudge.
- Lemon-Pecan Sunburst Coffee Cake – The title says it all for this desert. This nutty dessert is the perfect way to end an Easter brunch.