“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Maytag. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.”
Maytag needs your help to select the best candidate for the 2013 Maytag Dependable Leader Award– an award to recognize someone committed to making a difference in the lives of youth – through America’s Vote competition. Visit www.bgca.org/Maytag to cast your vote and learn even more about the five finalists and the exemplary work they do in their respective communities, and to help make a difference, vote once a day for the nominee they find to best represent a Maytag Dependable Leader!
The finalists are:
- Albert Hernandez – Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena: Albert Hernandez defines what it means to be a Maytag Dependable Leader. He has passion, energy, tenacity, curiosity, and an untiring desire to change lives. Without fail, he brings these qualities to work every day at the Boys & Girls Club of Pasadena, and uses them to help and inspire our kids.
- Ethan Harris – Boys & Girls Club of Bryant: Ethan has a servant’s heart. His passion for giving and philanthropy extends far beyond his 11 years – he is the youngest person to receive the “Hometown Hero Award” for his charitable efforts within the community. He inspires everyone around him to do more and to strive to be a better person.
- Nate Ford – Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco: For 25 years, Nate has modeled the philosophy “Learning to Play and Playing to Learn.” He runs the athletic programs at nine Clubs, and understands the power of athletics. He mentors young athletes across gang lines, helping downplay rivalries while focusing on athletic and academic potential.
- Ricky Gallon – Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay: Ricky’s passion for serving youth stems from the 41 years he spent within the Club. He now helps drive programs that inspire people to get involved. After a successful NBA career overseas, he returned dedicated to providing great futures to youth through personal, engaging and touching stories.
- Steve Hixson – Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland: Steve has given his heart and soul to the Club. Through personal donations of time and money, and his annual Cash for Kids event, he has given a future to the organization. He also has given our youth a future through personally investing in their lives, and mentoring them to excel, grow, and lead.
What the winner will get?
The winner will join 24 of this year’s other Dependable Leaders across the country and receive a $20,000 financial grant to help his Club continue to improve its impact in its community. The Maytag Dependable Leader Award gives back to Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s professionals and volunteers who continuously give their days to help better the world of youth with whom they work. America’s Vote is an extension of the Awards, inviting Americans to select the final Maytag Dependable Leader Award winner in 2013 by voting online at www.bgca.org/Maytag”
You can vote from November 12th through November 29th, by visit www.bgca.org/Maytag .