One of our favorite brands for children has been LeapFrog. Their latest active video gaming console LeapTV has received many rave reviews lately. LeapTV has been recognized as one of the hottest holiday items for children by top retailers including Toys”R”Us, Walmart and Target on their Top Holiday Toy Lists.
About LeapFrog LeapTV Educational Active Video Gaming System:
- Educational, active video gaming system
- Learn through motion as they jump, dance and more*
- The kid’s gaming system has a library of 100+ LeapFrog educator-approved game cartridges, game downloads and videos**
- Gets kids into the action while teaching core skills across reading, mathematics, science and problem solving
- Games adapt to each child’s level; starting with age, and then automatically adjusting the learning for just the right challenge*
- System uses a motion-sensing camera and controller that fits small hands
- Audio instruction makes it simple for even the youngest kids to play, solo or with a friend (additional controller sold separately)
- Puts learning in motion 3 ways: body motion, pointer play and classic control
Any more some things can be a pain in the booty to hook up. However, Leap TV isn’t. It took all of 10 minutes for me to get it hooked up and about another 10 minutes to activate it. The LeapTV is designed to get kids jumping, moving and dancing while learning important educational skills such as math, science and problem solving. Depending on the game, children can use their controller as a wand for pointer play or classic controller play using buttons with their fingers. The neatest part was the fact that some games are motion detected. This allows the system to track your child’s body movements and their faces appear on the screen. The ones that were motion detected were Zoey’s favorite. It was easy for her to do because she didn’t have to mess with a controller.
These games got her up and moving. I personally loved the fact that she was able to do these games without much assistance. It allowed me to clean the house while she was playing. Not only was she playing but she was learning at the same time. I think the system is perfect for a for all elementary and preschool ages. My 3,6, and 7-year-old all played the LeapTv. The games adjust to their skill levels so it was just the right level for each of them. I love the LeapTv. It is a great educational gaming system and will make a perfect gift for this Holiday season.
You can purchase the LeapTV gaming system at Target, Walmart, Amazon, Kmart and the LeapFrog site. The system retails for $149 and games are approximately $30.
Sound like the perfect gift doesn’t it? You can win it by visiting this page and filling out the form.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.