As a mom of three that are under 7. I am constant worry about the shows and games they watch. Let’s face it. There is a lot of negative out there. I am in constant search for fun, educational, and kid friendly games, technology, and/or applications. When I heard about Kids Academy I was thrilled! They have tons of great educational apps. I wanted to tell you about three of them.
About: Preschool and Kindergarten Learning Kids Game:
Based on the proven Montessori learning method, Kids Academy develops spelling, writing and reading skills through fascinating games! This app is created to make fun more educational! The app goes beyond simply great graphics and beautiful music by engaging children to learn preschool basics through intriguing game play. Toddlers will start with easy tracing by collecting fireflies in a jar and will move gradually to tracing requiring more developed fine-motor skills. The basic skills in this app are foundations for reading, writing and arithmetic operations. Appropriate hints are provided to support your children as they practice and build their skills.
* Curriculum developed and reviewed by preschool education expert
* Delightful animations will help your children learn letters and words in a fun and engaging way
* Frequent repetition designed to help children learn numbers and their sequence
* Aligned to Kindergarten Reading Foundation skills of Common Core Standards
* Animated flashcards to teach your kids letters and words
* A rich, exploratory environment filled with surprises
* Funny, bright, creative artwork
* Your children can interact with the app at their own pace
Set the stage for reading success with this delightfully interactive educational app!
About: ABCs Phonics & Montessori Learn To Read:
Based on the proven Montessori learning method, Kids Academy develops spelling, writing and reading skills through fascinating games! Learning to write has never been more fun! With Montessori Worksheets for Kids Free your kids will not only learn to write letters, but will also develop good handwriting skills! The app turns the learning process into what kids love the most – a game!
•A proven multisensory approach teaches children to write uppercase and lowercase letters
•Kids are encouraged and praised at every stage of the learning process
•Dotted lines and arrows guide kids through the letter tracing process
• Left hand and right hand modes
•2 levels of difficulty
-tracing a letter with hints
-writing a letter independently
•Kids build their skills progressively, from tracing to writing, at their own pace
•Positive reinforcement through use of audio and visual cues
•Kids learn age-appropriate vocabulary and the ways each letter can sound in a word
•Kids get stars for their performance:
-3 stars – for successful task accomplishment at first or second attempt
-2 stars – if they had 3 or 4 goes at tracing and writing
-1 star – if they had more than 5 tries
•Soft and encouraging voice over
•Clear voice instructions
Enjoy watching your kids get more and more confident at writing while having loads of fun on the way!
About: Bingo ABCs Phonics Song with Farm Animals:
Bring music and joy for the whole family with Bingo Song HD! Cute interactions, a catchy tune, and simple lyrics of this sing along music book will entertain you and your kids. With a single app you can sing and record your singing in a Karaoke session, play mini games with farm animals cards, make up and record your own stories!
– Learn the popular kids song!
– Enjoy professional singing performance!
– Sing along with Karaoke Mode!
– Record your children singing!
– Touch and discover fun surprises in the captivating illustrations
– Play games with farm animals cards!
– Make up fun animal stories and have them recorded!
– Enjoy a lively energetic app!
Turn up the volume and let the family fun begin!
I have a son who loves playing games. Some of the games he plays I don’t get. I don’t understand how they are fun and their purpose. I would like for things he plays with to have a purpose and not just because. All of these applications are not only fun, but educational! Everyday after school he actually asks me to play them. I love it! It’s the best of all of worlds. They are having fun, learning, and it’s very kid friendly!