Special thanks to the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and The Motherhood for partnering with me for today’s post. All thoughts and opinions are my own, as always.
This year I have made it my mission to start living a healthier life style. I was going to do this by making baby steps. If you know me when it comes to my diet I have one weakness and that’s my Dr. Pepper! (I love my Diet Dr. Pepper!!) So when I was giving a chance to set in on a conference call with Dr. Pepper Snapple and the conference was about finding a balance. I had to jump on it!
DPS believes that healthy lives depend on balance, including balancing the calories you take in with the calories you expend. Through innovation, R&D, and corporate social responsibility programs, they’re making a commitment to help make that balance easier to achieve.
About Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS):
- DPS is the third largest beverage manufacturer in the U.S., but the LEADER in flavors
- DPS sells more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, teas, juices, mixers and other premium beverages
- Out of its 14 biggest brands, 13 are #1 or #2 in their respective category
- The majority of the business is in soft drinks and it’s an area of growth and strength
- 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drink brands in the business and a 40% share of the non-cola market
- If you aren’t drinking a cola, there’s a pretty good chance you’re drinking one of DPS’s products
- Its portfolio quite literally has something for everyone who is seeking the right balance in their lives
During this conference call I learned so much more and fell in love even more with Dr. Pepper! (I didn’t think that was possible!) I have a daughter who I see quickly falling down the path that I took, and I am trying hard to nip the bad habits she is getting before they become a part of her life. Out of everything I learned that day my favorite was about DPS Let’s Play Initiative.
About Let’s Play:
- DPS saw an important role the company could play to provide solutions for communities struggling to tackle that play deficit, so it launched the Let’s Play initiative in 2011 to provide kids and families with the tools, places and inspiration to make active play a daily priority.
- DPS has committed more than $28 million through Let’s Play since the program launched, impacting millions of youth serving organizations across the U.S., as well as Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, working with two great nonprofit organizations – KaBOOM! and Good Sports.
- And DPS is providing the INSPIRATION through LetsPlay.com, which provides:
- Original play ideas, developed by Let’s Play Ambassadors
- Playground locator tool
- Information on the Let’s Play grants that are available
- Submission for to nominate a grantee
What is KaBoom! Doing?
In partnership with KaBOOM!, DPS is providing the PLACES for younger kids to play with grants to fund playground improvements and funds and volunteer muscle to build new playgrounds from the ground up in communities across the country.
What is Good Sports Doing?
In partnership with Good Sports, DPS is providing the TOOLS through sports equipment grants that benefit underfunded youth serving organizations that help provide opportunities for structured team sports. DPS partnered with Good Sports to expand efforts to include older children who lack the opportunity to participate in organized sports due to the cost of equipment, uniforms and entry fees.
Let’s Play Results
- Since DPS began the Let’s Play Program, it has worked with KaBOOM! to build or fix up 2,188 playgrounds across the country and with Good Sports to donate $1.6 million in grants for new sports equipment to 803 organizations, impacting more than 7.5 million kids.
- By 2017, DPS’s Let’s Play initiative will provide nearly 10 million kids with more opportunities to play with either new or improved playgrounds and sports equipment, helping kids achieve healthier lifestyles.
- More than 2,300 DPS employees have participated in KaBOOM! playground builds, racking up more than 18,000 volunteer hours.
Hearing how hard DPS is working towards encourage kids to find a balance it makes me want to do the same. It gives me hope that together my family can work towards a common goal and that’s to be healthy!