For most busy mums, finding time to go to the gym is mission impossible. The only way to stay fit and incorporate exercise into their daily routine is to find some way to workout from home. If this sounds familiar, this post is ideal for you. While we all begin with the best intentions, there is no denying that finding the motivation to workout from home can be extremely difficult, especially when you have so many other things to worry about. With that in mind, read on for some top tips that will ensure you don’t ditch your weekly exercise sessions.
- Barter with yourself – When you feel like you really do not want to exercise, the best thing to do is commit to a shorter workout. It is much better to workout a little bit than not at all. Plus, you will often find that once you start, you push yourself to complete the full workout instead.
- Wear your gym clothes throughout the day – Luckily, loungewear is very fashionable at the moment, and so you won’t look out of place dropping your kids off at school in your gym clothes. By wearing your gym clothing all day, you will feel encouraged to workout. It will ensure that you don’t have any excuses later on in the day and that you will exercise at the earliest opportunity.
- Invest in exercise equipment – One of the best ways to ensure that you workout is to have exercise equipment in the home. Workout DVDs are great, but they are very easy to avoid. You put the DVD out of sight and forget about it. You can’t do the same with a treadmill or an exercise bike. Every time you walk past the piece of gym equipment, you will feel a sense of guilt if you don’t use it, and this will motivate you to workout more. A good place to start is with recumbent exercise bike reviews. These bikes provide an excellent cardio workout, and they are also great for anyone that has any low-back issues or physical limitations that make it difficult for them to use an upright bike.
- Set your space – One of the most difficult things about working out from home is having a dedicated exercise space. This is especially the case when there are kids’ toys everywhere. However, it is important to have an area dedicated to working out. If you are going to workout in the living room, for example, and you need to move your coffee table to get started, make sure you do it well in advance so that you do not have any excuses.
- Pencil it in – Finally, it is important to add your workout routines to your schedule. After all, you would not go to the dentist without pencilling it in, would you? So, why should your workouts be any different? This ensures you have a dedicated, allotted time for exercise, as opposed to merely trying to fit in fitness whenever possible.
Follow the five tips mentioned above and you will find it much easier to stay motivated so that you can reach your fitness goals from the comfort of your own home.